Grow Your Own Garden: 7 Reasons to Get It DoneJan 09, 2023
We all know that there has been a change towards mechanization and homogenization of farming, which uses pesticides, additives, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers and mass-production techniques, all of which is negatively affecting our health.
The World Health Organization has issued plenty of reports demonstrating that the use of chemicals and other products on food, coupled with the manufacturing processes involved, are actually a threat to our health.
When we can’t trust the food that we buy is actually safe for human consumption, it’s time to grow our own food, and here’s why:
- There will be no additives in your fruits and vegetables. Research by organic food associations has shown that additives in our food can cause heart diseases, osteoporosis, migraines and hyperactivity.
- There will be no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers used. These chemical products are applied to maintain crops all the time regardless of plagues or weather conditions, and they negatively affect the quality of the vegetables. Pesticides are usually poisonous to humans.
- Your produce will not be genetically modified. Antibiotics, drugs and hormones are used on vegetables to grow more and larger ones. One of the consequences of this practice are vegetables which all appear to look the same, but they are usually tasteless. In addition, we end up consuming the hormones that have been used on the vegetables, with the potential risks for our health.
- Growing and eating your own organic vegetables is much healthier for you. They will not contain any of the products or chemicals named above, and they will be much more natural than any ones you would find at the supermarket. Your health will not be at risk because none of these poisonous or unnatural products have been added to your vegetables.
- Your own organic vegetables will taste much better. The use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, hormones and antibiotics make vegetables grow unnaturally and take the taste away from them. With organic vegetables, your cooking will be enhanced as their flavor isn’t compromised.
- Organic farming is friendly to the environment. Since you won't be using pesticides or other equally harming products on your vegetables, you will not damage the soil or the air with the chemical components.
- When you grow your own organic vegetables you are contributing to your own self-sustainability and the sustainability of the planet. Small communities have been founded where members exchange products that they grow naturally, thus contributing to create a friendly and better place for us all.
In the end, eating organic products only means that we do not add anything else to them than they would naturally have. As you can guess, additives, fertilizers, pesticides or hormones are not components of naturally grown food. To better care for your health, grow your own organic vegetables. You don’t need acres upon acres of land, you can start with a few pots and a little love.
Interested in our services?
Sign up for a complimentary wellness check up and see if we're a good fit!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.